Strategic Plan Report Highlights Progress
December 06, 2012
The Strategic and Long Range Planning Committee, chaired by President Kent Chabotar, continuously assesses the strategic plan and publishes reports for the community.
The 2012 Progress Report summarizes the progress to date of The Strategic Plan for Guilford College 2011-2016 (SLRP II).
The report contains a short table that summarizes progress in the plan’s areas of focus (page 1). A detailed discussion of progress and challenges begins on page 5. An assessment of strategic outcomes and performance indicators begins on page 9.
In sum, SLRP II is on — and in many cases ahead of — the implementation timeline specified in the plan. Particular achievements include:
- Efforts to further integrate principled problem solving across the curriculum and increase programming
- Progress on Guilford Connects experiential learning initiatives including the use of digital portfolios
- Development of the January Term pilot
- Improvements in career development and service-learning programs
- Addition of study abroad opportunities and attention to international education
- Completion of Diversity Plan action steps
- Strengthening of undergraduate research
- Progress in integrated communications and marketing, including completion of website design and plan development
- Planning efforts for information technology
Please direct questions and feedback to Jeff Favolise, assistant to the president for planning and management.